Start Something, Join Our Team!
Are you passionate about igniting the power and promise of youth through mentoring?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine is a leading employer, offering competitive salaries and benefits, a flexible schedule, generous paid time off, travel reimbursement, and professional development.
We're Hiring a new MidCoast Program Manager!
Looking for a rewarding career that ignites the power and promise of youth in the midcoast region? That ALSO offers a flexible schedule, hybrid remote work from our Camden office, competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to work with an amazing team of professionals? If so, we're ready to meet you! We're hiring a full-time MidCoast Program Manager to coordinate school and community-based programming, while championing the agency's regional fundraising efforts to support them. To apply right now for this unique opportunity to stand with kids, click on this link: https://www.indeed.com/job/program-manager-c8cf93f7493a7266
MidCoast Program Manager Job Description:
The responsibility of the MidCoast Program Manager is the overall success of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine’s mentoring programs in Knox, Lincoln and Southern Waldo counties. This position is responsible for providing high-level customer service, focused on child safety and volunteer options, from inquiry and recruitment to match closure and reengagement. This position also supports agency fundraising efforts within the service area.
- Oversight and management of all school programs and community matches within service area
- Ensure volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled and matched while executing a high degree of independent judgment and analysis utilizing BBBS standards and practices.
- Ensure safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers by providing professional match support.
- Market BBBS program through targeted recruitment and outreach.
- Recruit, screen, train and enroll participants in BBBSMM mentoring programs within service area
- Engage in agency events, fundraising and promotion
- Further the JEDI initiatives of BBBSA
- Work with Development Director to provide support of agency fundraising efforts
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to recruit volunteers and youth participants, provide professional support, and manage programs at multiple sites. This position required someone who is detail oriented, able to manager multiple programs/projects simultaneously and is comfortable communicating with individuals of all ages.The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Enthusiasm and passion for the BBBS Mission
- Detail oriented, highly organized, self-motivated and professional
- Proficiency with databases, MS Office, Google Suite preferred
- Creative, positive, goal-oriented, and willing to learn.
- Ability to utilize technology to analyze, synthesize, and report data to ensure quality services and measurable outcomes.
- Ability to listen and provide unbiased support and feedback to program participants.
- Comfortable communicating to large groups or individual meetings, in writing, and on the phone.
- Self-motivated and driven.
Full time, salary, exempt
- Monday - Friday, forty hours per week minimum, as determined by schedule and responsibilities, regular travel to school sites during the school year.
- Occasional travel to agency satellite locations (offices and sites), events and partnership development meetings required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a youth serving or volunteer management role
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or human resources (or related) field
- Excellent verbal/written communications.
- Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction
- Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising and/or negotiating
- Excellent time and detail management skills, ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Effective interviewing skills, ability to collect meaningful data and draw conclusions
- Experience with Google Suite, Word, Excel and PowerPoint & database management.
Valid driver's license required
Hybrid remote: Camden, Maine
$38,000 - $42,000 annually
Paid time off, 11 paid holidays, dental and vision insurance, flexible schedule, travel reimbursement
Email materials to: email@example.com
Cover letter and resume are REQUIRED