Start Something, Join Our Team!
Thank you for your interest in a career with Big Brothers Big Sisters!
Current Job Opportunity in the Bangor Area:
Job Title: School-Based Manager, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine based in Bangor, Maine
Salary Range: $15.50-$16.50/hour starting salary, 8 weeks off in the summer (10-month, ongoing position)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine (BBBSMM) is seeking a School-Based Manager for Penobscot and northern Waldo counties, responsible for providing high-level customer service, focused on child safety and volunteer options, from inquiry to match closure and reengagement, with a focus on School-Based Mentoring. Essential to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) brand, the primary functions of this position are:
- Ensure child safety, positive impacts for youth, constructive and satisfying relationships between children and volunteers, and a strong sense of affiliation with BBBS on the part of volunteers by providing professional match support.
- Ensure volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled and matched while executing a high degree of independent judgment and analysis when utilizing BBBS standards and practices.
- Market BBBS program through targeted recruitment and outreach.
- Recruit, screen, train, and develop School-Based Coordinators for each school.
As the School-Based Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Calling a child’s family to determine suitability for BBBS and their participation in our program
- Presenting BBBS volunteer opportunities at a school assembly, business, or service organization
- Interviewing high school or college students to become mentors (“Bigs”)
- Writing a volunteer assessment of a potential Big
- Composing a match (Big/Little pair) success story
- Attending a site-based program in Penobscot or Waldo county to provide professional support
- Training an adult volunteer to coordinate a BBBS program
- Entering information, communication, and support into the agency database
This job might be for you if:
- You believe in the mission and vision of Big Brothers Big Sisters and can effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with the service options of the agency.
- You are positive, goal-oriented, compassionate and willing to learn.
- You utilize technology to analyze, synthesize, and report data to ensure quality services and measurable outcomes.
- You’re professional and comfortable communicating with all ages in person, in writing, and on the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
To be offered this position, you need to have a Bachelor’s degree and measurable experience in the social/human services field. We are a dedicated, hard-working team. Along with a resume, tell us in a cover letter why do you want to join us? Why is BBBS’s mission important to you?
Deadline for applications: Thursday, September 5, 2019 at noon
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected] No Phone Calls Please