Start Something, Join Our Team!
Are you a nonprofit development professional who is passionate about igniting the power and promise of youth through mentoring?
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine (BBBSMM) is seeking a Development Manager for the Midcoast and Penobscot counties, responsible for the overall success of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine’s special events and grants.
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Manager will be our lead strategist for agency fund development and help BBBSMM exceed its annual fundraising goal of approximately $600,000 per year to support program delivery. This includes increasing support from individual donors, foundations, and companies. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven ability to fundraise, including production of high quality documents with an emphasis on writing and editing. This is a full-time, salaried position which reports to the Executive Director. The Development Manager should have a demonstrated record of reaching goals, Bachelor’s degree in Writing, English, Communications, or Marketing, or a relevant field with 3-5 years of related experience in nonprofit fund development. The successful candidate must be able to effectively coordinate with staff, including senior staff and Board leadership, and should be detail-oriented, highly organized, highly motivated, and professional. This position requires someone who is results-oriented, able to juggle multiple timesensitive projects on a continuous basis, and is comfortable communicating the impact of our programs by phone, in person, and through written communication.
Essential to the Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) brand, the primary functions of this position are:
- To run our annual Change a Life Campaign and Special Events
- To plan and implement annual fundraising campaign and events, organize donor and prospect lists, create, materials, direct outreach and coordination with marketing efforts, and report campaign results
- To coordinate and run Bowl For Kids’ Sake and Golf Fore Kids’ Sake events, with a focus on Midcoast and Penobscot counties
- To research and write grants - you will handle the full range of activities required to explore, prepare, and submit successful applications
- To grow individual and corporate support with a data-driven approach to donor retention, increased giving, and securing new donors
- Manage the fund development and peer-to-peer database
As the Development Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Creating a fund development calendar
- Drafting a grant for review
- Presenting development opportunities to a business
- Soliciting a regional sponsorship for an event
- Recruiting business teams for Bowl For Kids’ Sake
- Working with the Executive Director to prepare an individual ask
- 3-5 years successful nonprofit fundraising experience, preferably in youth development · Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Enthusiasm and passion for the BBBS Mission
- Knowledge and proven experience in fundraising techniques, specifically with special events
- Proficiency with donor database, MS Office, Google Suite preferred
This job might be for you if:
- You believe in the mission and vision of Big Brothers Big Sisters and can engage people from all walks of life with any size bank account into our organization.
- You are creative, positive, goal-oriented, and willing to learn.
- You follow through!
- You utilize technology to analyze, synthesize, and report data to ensure quality services and measurable outcomes.
- You can explain just about anything to anyone and you’re comfortable communicating to large groups, in writing, and on the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
Benefits: · Competitive salary · Health, vision, dental insurance · Flexible schedule · Professional development · Private office in Camden · Generous PTO · Travel reimbursement
Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to [email protected] or 66 Elm Street, Suite 100 Camden, ME 04843 No Phone Calls Please. Review of applications will begin immediately. Application deadline 11/19/19.